Monday, December 13, 2021

Hexagon Table Topper


I was hoping this would be a Christmas gift for a friend but I don't think I'm going to get it ready in time. There are plenty of tutorials out there for hexagon pot holders. I used this one. But, instead of stopping as the tutorial tells you, I kept going! It measures about 23" across.
.

This was how it looked after the first round. The only thing that's a little tricky is the use of partial seams. After doing 1 or 2, they get pretty easy. I bought this fabric over the summer. It was a bag of scraps from Cotton and Steel. I love the fabric patterns that all go together nicely.


Here it is before quilting. I had it all sandwiched and ready to go. I machine quilted it in an hour. I just have the binding left to sew down. My friend lives far enough away that I would have to mail it to her. She's moving to a new place after the new year. I think I'll send it to her as a house warming. This was a fun project to make. I made it in an afternoon. Nice and quick and perfect as a gift!
 

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea for a gift...really pretty choice of fabrics--Your friend will love it...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! It was a fun project to put together!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...