Thursday, December 9, 2021

I Like Thursday #119

It's Thursday and time for another positive and fun post. A group of bloggers join LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color where you can find links to other uplifting posts. We had a little snow last night so I thought it would make for a nice picture of the front of my house. It's all decorated for the holiday. The snow does add a pretty touch. It's supposed to be close to 60 on Saturday so this snow won't be lasting too long! 


I got a new star for the top of our Christmas tree. (Which still isn't up!) This one uses batteries to light up. I thought that was such a great idea. Plus it was 60% off at Macy's! I just couldn't resist!


I found this great blueberry breakfast gift basket. (Also on sale!) I think I might give it to my cousin. 


I found this magazine at the library. Since I'm there on a weekly basis, I grabbed this once and always look for it now. It comes out once a month and keeps you updated on what books are coming out as well as great reading recommendations. It's free! It always has something interesting information in it. 

I'm almost done Christmas shopping. I think I need just one more outing. Christmas is fun but it's so much work! Have a great weekend!

 

10 comments:

  1. Wasn't the snow pretty? Just enough to make things look clean. Neat looking star. And Stonewall Kitchen is always such good stuff. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow was pretty but it's pouring out now! Crazy weather! I hope my cousin likes her gift!

      Delete
  2. Hi Rosemary! Well, doesn't your home look welcoming and inviting and so pretty with a little dusting of snow. Isn't it nice to have a little extra time this year for all the Christmas activities?! I am certain it is fabulous. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! Yes, it's great having extra time this time of year! I love not working. I may miss my pay but that's about it. I actually feel very busy most day. I'm not sure how I fit work into my schedule!

      Delete
  3. I want that blueberry mixing bowl with jam and spatula!!!
    Where did you find it? sorry about the lack of commenting lately, back still making it hard to sit and type for long. Just coping... I love your house, so festive with snow. It's been so warm and dry here we set records for lack of precip. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeeAnna! I got that bowl at Macy's. 60% off!! Don't worry about commenting. I know how busy everyone is especially this time of year. I hope you fell better soon.

      Delete
  4. Hi Rosemary, That's a beautiful front door area and you are right the snow adds just the right touch. The battery operated star looks like it will be a beauty. Lovely gifts. Your Mystery quilt blocks are adding up...will be fun to see how those flying geese fit in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn! The mystery quilt is a lot of work but it's always nice at the end. I just wish it wasn't holiday season where I have so much to do. I'll get through it!

      Delete
  5. I was just looking at a new Christmas tree topper, so many choices. I love the one you chose. The front of your house is so pretty. That sounds like a cool magazine. I have a couple of blogs that I subscribe to that talk about upcoming books which I peruse at times. But then I also have been reading some that have been recommended by the bloggers on I Like Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I love seeing what new books are coming out. There's so much to read!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...