Thursday, December 23, 2021

I Like Thursday #121


It's Thursday! It's time to post something happy and positive. You can view links to more posts like this when you visit LeeAnne at Not Afraid of Color. I received this beautiful Christmas arrangement from a former coworker. I was so surprised! I keep in contact with a few of the people I used to work with but I didn't expect to receive a gift. It was nice of her to think of me.


As if my cats don't have enough toys, this is what I got them for their stocking! I think they'll probably have these toys torn apart by the end of Christmas day! I already put it in their stocking. I hope they don't notice it! Haha!


These two deer have been nibbling on our bushes at our front door. I loved being able to take a picture of them so closely. There was a group of 6 of them but these 2 stayed the longest. They're so cute!


I really need to get a quilt on the longarm but it's so hard when working on Bonnie Hunter's current mystery quilt. It's easier to knit while I watch television. I'm making these socks for my daughter. The pattern is Rhombus by Cookie A. She has some beautiful patterns and the directions are detailed and easy to follow. They're made up of a very intricate cable pattern. So far, I'm doing okay. 

I hope everyone is well and prepared for the holiday. I still have to go out and buy a few things. It never ends!!



12 comments:

  1. Wow, that cable looks so pretty and intricate. I love to see the deer too and your cats deserve a Christmas gift. I'm rethinking Naughty Ned's gift...not really LOL. How nice to be so fondly remembered by a work mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't Christmas flowers fun? My MIL and SIL used to send them every year. Now MIL is gone and SIL life has changed too. Guess I should pick up the "mantle" and become the family sender! I love seeing the socks that makers knit. I have never attempted socks. I know how to knit, but have not practiced lately. That cable pattern is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm not sure why but I really love knitting socks. This pair is the hardest I've ever attempted. Have a wonderful holiday!

      Delete
  3. Just lovely sock knitting there!! I am plodding along with mine...
    I hope your Christmas is Merry and Bright hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I like knitting socks since they're not too big. Too bad we have to knit 2 of them!

      Delete
  4. What a nice surprise. Beautiful flowers. Love the deer! I'll be interested in seeing what the socks look like when they're done. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers. Aren't tge deer so cute. That cabled sick is gorgeous. Hope your Christmas was nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn! I hope Christmas was good for you too. Thinking of you.

      Delete
  6. The deer are beautiful. I really like your socks! Awesome! 🧦💐🦌

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...