Thursday, December 30, 2021

I Like Thursday #122


It's time for I Like Thursday once again! A few of us bloggers post happy and uplifting posts that  are all linked to LeeAnna's blog over at Not Afraid of Color. I hope you visit and read them! I'm not a fancy cook or baker but I did try my hand at this Christmas cake. It was on the cover of the Food Network magazine. I made my usual white cake that my family likes. So, I made the cake but added the Christmas trees. The trees are made from sugar cones that are frosted. Then the M&M's are added! It was fun to make. It doesn't look as fancy as the magazine but I tried!



My Ring kept notifying me that there was someone in our front yard. I found these two eating one of our bushes. That one deer kept looking at me as I took pictures! So funny!


I am making progress on my socks albeit very slowly! You can really see the pattern emerging. I'll be turning the heel soon. Every row is different which is why it's taking so long! They are pretty though.


I've wanted to load this quilt for the longest time. I haven't had much time since I've been working on Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt. I had a few days so it's loaded and I actually started quilting it this morning. Those big wide borders are tough to fill but I'm getting there! And that was my week!

I'm wishing you all a healthy and Happy New Year!

 

17 comments:

  1. Such a pretty sock pattern--it looks complicated.. I've just turned the heel on my first sock and am now doing the instep...no sewing here to speak of as yet. I am planning to do a NO BUY and just use up my stash if I can in 2022--wish me luck on that one!! If I am well enough in January i plan to look through it all and see about donations --(I am in SABLE right now :Stash Accumulated Beyond Life
    Expectancy!!)
    Hoping that your NEW Year will be happy and healthy...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! The socks will take awhile but they're worth it! I have way too much stash too. I'm trying to find some patterns where I can use up crumbs. I have a container full of small pieces. I just want to use them up.

      Delete
  2. Hi Rosemary! Your Christmas cake looks so pretty and festive. What a fun idea, to cover sugar cones with frosting and then decorate them. I like that everything is eatable. Good job on your socks as well as quilting. Progress is a good thing. Happy New Year to you and your family. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Roseanne! I wish you a Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. I am in agreement with Roseanne! Cute trees on your cake! I wish I had someone who would appreciate Christmas Trees on a cake! Where are the daughters and granddaughters when you need them?!!
    Whoo Hoo for the progress on the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the socks are gorgeous! Love the quilt, and LOL the Bonnie Hunter quilt. I have some pieces cut for step 1....that is far as I got. The deer remind me of the cats and my door. Your cake looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! Happy New Year to you and your family!

      Delete
  5. Those socks will be amazing. I love the deer with the Christmas lights. You quilt will look lovely! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Dawn! I hope you enjoy the new year.

      Delete
  7. Your cake looks great! I love your quilt! Have a safe and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Christmas cake looks awesome! Neat idea. I find when the deer are here, one is always more vigilant for some reason. That sock pattern looks wonderful. Good luck with the quilting. I do hope you enjoy another wonderful New Year, Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn! I wish you a Happy New Year!

      Delete
  9. Welcome to our Ronnie Finance Ltd,


    We are currently funding Startups and existing Buisnesses at a Minimum rate of 3% Annually. Our Portfolio accepts Loan Application from different industries, ranging from Construction, Technology and Agricultural . We also render Mortgage services for home purchase.

    Are you a Consultant with leads of Loan Applicants? We have Broker programs and the payment is commission based. Kindly respond to this email, An agent will advise you on the Proceedures.

    Ronnie Finance Ltd Officer
    apply@ronniefinance.ltd
    ronniefinancehome247@gmail.com
    Whatsapp +919311856893

    Regards,

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...