Thursday, December 16, 2021

I Like Thursday #120


It's time for I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers publish positive posts that can all be found on LeeAnna's blog, Not Afraid of Color. We finally put up our tree. We had tried the week before but never seemed to be able to get to it. But, it's up now and makes the whole house look quite festive! I made that tree skirt over 20 years ago. It's one of the first things I made. It's hand quilted but the stitches look pretty big! 

My daughter got this tree topper. Isn't it so cute? Some of the purchase price goes towards helping animal shelters. That kitty looks awfully happy up there!


My son's girlfriend wants to make a table runner. I was thrilled that someone I know wants to try anything to do with quilting. I know she likes Halloween so I bought her a book and some fabric. I'm also going to offer my stash for any other fabric she might need to complete one of the runners.


I've had this book for awhile and it's just packed with gorgeous sock patterns. My daughter chose one for me to make her. I'm going to attempt it. It's a beautiful pattern but looks difficult. Once I make some progress, I'll take a picture!

That's my week. I'm going to finish up my shopping today. My student cancelled today so I'm going to take advantage of my free morning. Have a great weekend!

 

8 comments:

  1. your tree is so beautiful in front of your pretty window! That cat angel is adorable, and that new quilter kit is enticing. Lucky girl. I remember long ago in 1980 wanting to make my first quilt... what a journey it's been!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, LeeAnna! I started to quilt in 1989 and have never looked back! I love everything about it. I'm so glad I found my thing!

      Delete
  2. The tree is pretty. I love the kitty! Fun fabrics. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable tree and love the cat tree topper! Have a safe and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree looks so pretty and your topper? So cute! Unique and benefits our precious animals! Isn't it fun to introduce a new sewist to sewing? How fun! Cool fabrics! The cover of your book is so pretty !

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...